We are excited about the upcoming Remissioning the Church Conference on August 28-29th at All Saints Church in Pawleys Island, South Carolina!
It will be a dynamic two day event that is designed to help clergy, church planters, and lay leaders discover and fulfill God’s mission for the local church. Day one will focus on remissioning and day two will focus on church planting. The plenary addresses and workshops will explore a variety of issues relating to the mission of the church such as: discipleship, leadership development, outreach, and mission.
Here is a list of speakers, plenary talks, and workshops.
1-2 p.m. “What is Remissioning and why we need it?” Canon Winfield Bevins, Kardia
2-3 p.m. “Churches Can Change” Bishop Steve Wood, Diocese of the Carolinas
3-4 p.m. Panel Discussion on Remissioning
4-5 p.m. Workshops:
- “Developing Small Groups” Rev. Todd Simonis, City Church
- “Discipleship and Leaders” Canon Ron Jackson, Diocese of the Great Lakes
- “Outreach and Mission” Rev. Ron Grieser, Church of the Resurrection
- “Leading Your Church Through Conflict” Rev. Rob Grafe, All Saints Church
5 p.m. Dinner on Your Own and Time for Networking
7p.m. “Leading Your Church on Mission” Rev. Scott McLucas, Orchard Hills Church
Intercessory Prayer Offered
Day 2 Friday (Church Planting)
8-9 a.m. Breakfast and Church Planting Roundtable
9-10 a.m. Workshops:
- “Raising and Handling Funds” Rev. Hamilton Smith, St. Timothy Church
- “Building a Core Group” Rev. Josh Yerton, Restoration Church
- “Developing a Strategic Plan” Rev. Rob Sturdy, Ridley Institute
- “Gospel Renewal and Mission” John Hall, Kardia Team
10-11 a.m. “The Vision for Church Planting” Rev. Jeff Shipman, Mission Carolinas
11-12 a.m. “The Church Planter’s Personal Life”- Rev. Will Plitt, Mission Carolinas
12 p.m. Close and Intercessory Prayer Offered
1-5 p.m. “Church Planting Intensive Training” Canon Dan Alger, Diocese of the South
To find out more information and to register please visit the event page at http://www.kardiaanglican.com/events.